Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Marinara craving

I hope your 4th was as great as mine! My weekend ended up extending one day longer than I had planned and I was able to enjoy the great weather and fireworks with family. The following photo is the sunset right before fireworks began.
Marinara sauce sounded really tasty so I decided to whip up a quick yet delicious meal. It is so quick I am able to enjoy the rest of the evening =).

Italian Zucchini
Modified from ohsheglows.com
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 T Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 medium zucchinis
5 small button mushrooms
1/2 c chickpeas
Salt & pepper to taste
1 c Trader Joes Tomato Basil Organic Marinara Sauce
2 T oregano
1 T garlic powder
1/2 T red pepper flakes

Directions
1. Heat EVOO in large skillet until warm over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, chickpeas and salt & pepper. Cook until tender.
2. Add marinara, oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to zucchini mixture. Toss until well combined. Cook for 3-5 minutes until warm. Serve hot.




This last picture isn't the best....my camera is stubborn and decides when it wants to work.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend! Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment